Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week 23: Who Doesn't Love British Weather?

Oops, I guess this post is a bit late. I must have been having too much fun being rained on constantly. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that this much rain is not necessary. Can somebody please turn off the tap or whatever.

OB, Steve and I had to return a lorry to Hereford, yesterday, that Dave and Sarah had rented for their move to Earthworm. Because it was a 7 tonne truck, we figured that we could ignore the "Road Closed" signs. We were right but it was still funny to be driving on a road that looks like a river. I guess the upside to it is that there's no traffic.

The EF Gathering was a lot of fun. Thankfully there was no overt police presence (can't rule out if they were just hiding in the bushes) and I was able to attend a lot of really cool workshops. I didn't take many photos that week because there was a no camera policy at the event (for security reasons). The most interesting/scary thing that I learned while I was there was how insecure cell phones are.

Apparently, recently a gangster in the States was sent to prison based on things that was picked up and recorded via his cell phone. The fucked up part is that he had removed the battery and SIM card. So, a phone that should be off and have no power source was remotely activated and used to listen in on this guy. Fair enough, that's really unlikely to happen to any of us law abiding citizens but it's still creepy to know that it's possible and how easy it is for our governments to track our calls.

- Kasza



Photos


We call that river the road


Trucks kick out awesome wakes


I guess the Land Rover can be considered an amphibious vehicle


A post modern art piece created with the assistance of magic mushrooms and lack of sleep


This is what it looks like when you don't have an overt police presence


And this is what it likes when you do


Peacefully trying to walk down a road meeting an obstacle


My new buddy "Mike"


Speaks for itself

No comments: