Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 34: And the Suprise is...

If you didn't already know, I'm back in Canada. A few weeks back I decided that I had enough city hopping and wasn't really interested in doing any other WWOOFing at the time. Those two reasons and the even bigger one that my bank account was hemorrhaging quite quickly brought me to the decision to return to Canadia on Nov. 24, four months earlier than planned.

My last week in Europe was a blast, though. I returned to the UK on Tuesday and visited the awesome people that I had met during the summer. My first stop was Earthworm. Always something going on there, the Earthworm folk were busily preparing for a permaculture course that weekend, the first they've ever hosted and of many yet to come, I'm sure. My contribution for the couple days I was there was to insulate and put drywall up in the events room. It felt good to be doing productive work again compared to my past two months.

I set from Earthworm on Thursday to visit friends at Brambles Housing Coop in Sheffield. Amy-Jane showed me around Sheffield Friday afternoon but this was just an excuse so she could steal materials from the learning stations at the Metalwork Gallery in the Millennium Museum and steal the silver card stock from the demonstration station. We also spent time preparing our costumes for the Cornerstone circus-themed party on Saturday. I dressed up as a bearded lady which went over great thanks in part to my gigantic beard and the awesome pink flowered hat the Amy-Jane lent me. She went as a human cannonball and I hope there are pictures of her costume because it was hilariously skimpy.

I had an a great time at the party, dancing my ass off, staying up all night and getting severely pissed (and then continuing on to the pub Sun afternoon). It was definitely a high note to end my trip on. I will miss all of the excellent people that I met while I was over there, though.

Well, I will be reducing the (intended) weekly posts to biweekly or monthly because, now that I'm back in Ontario, my life likely won't be as interesting. If it is interesting, I'll be sure to let you know.

- Kasza

1 comment:

David Leith said...

Kasza! Give me a call, welcome home bud!