Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oooh, Robert Downey Jr., You're Such a Dreamboat

Woo hoo, I saw Iron Man on Wednesday with Andrew and Carol (Lisa isn't into Hollywood films). I realize this is not the day that it opened on, so I'm slipping in my geeky ways but I did get in for free (Andrew, the host, paid for me). There was a sufficient amount of explosions, gadgets and testosterone to keep me going until The Incredible Hulk opens next month (then I'll be saying "Oooh, Ed Norton, you're such a dreamboat").

Yesterday, I took a break from working in the gardens and went touring around downtown Ayr which is only a 15 minute bus ride from where I'm staying. Unfortunately, it rained in the morning but I was able to take cover in Carnegie Library and read World's Finest. After the rain subsided, I ventured south to the Maclaurin Galleries at Rozelle House. There were quite a few watercolours that I liked and an interesting temporary exhibit by Jacki Parry which focused on paper .

Other than Wednesday evening and yesterday, my days have been pretty routine: I get up around six (approximately 3-4 hours before anybody else), feed and walk the dogs (Poppy and Mr. Patches), shower, break fast and check my email. By that time, it's after 8 and I head out to weed. There's surprisingly quite a bit of land for this small house and the lower third of it is overgrown in weeds. We're clearing out the weeds, so wild flowers can be planted. The goal being to attract wildlife to the area (a pond will be added to the middle third of the yard to promote wildlife as well). I have been lucky enough to have access to a portable digital radio which I can listen to BBC 6 Music on while I uproot plants.

Another comfort I have here is unlimited access to Wi-Fi, either via the iPod or one of the hosts' laptops. So, in the evenings, I've wasted quite a bit of time comparing train and bus rates and planning my future destinations (or just veging out watching Funny or Die).

I have also had the pleasure of watching a couple episodes of a Scottish skit comedy show, Chewin' the Fat; I do not recommend it.





Here are the lovely pups that I get to walk each morning:


Mr. Patches (Arthritic Dog)


Poppy (Three Legged Dog)

Happy Mother's Day,
Kasza


The Rose Cottage


An Ent




Anchored

No comments: