Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week 9: Fourteen Hours Later, Earthworm Housing Co-op

I started my journey from Portree at 7:45am, yesterday (Saturday) and instead of arriving at my last stop, Ludlow, at 8pm, I arrived at midnight. Why is it that traveling is so tiring? It's not like I did anything but sit on a bus and several trains for the whole day (switching between napping and reading). I would think that I'd have loads of energy after a day like that. But when I finally had the chance to conk out at 1am, I was dead to the world for seven hours.

The people at Earthworm have been great so far and I know that my stay here will be thoroughly enjoyed. There is no certainty that I will be able to stay for three weeks, though. I have three trial days before they have a co-op meeting Tuesday evening and it will be decided if I can stay until the 22nd or not.

My one day that I have experienced here has included learning about comfrey mulching, eating a communal dinner with 15 people, playing a friendly game of after-dinner volleyball and several decent chats.

I have access to decent computer with broadband, so no excuses for no pictures now. Here are the ones I wasn't able to post for the last while.


Photo Essay of Being Kasza in Scotland

Rose Cottage


Host Andrew (Host Lisa absent due to photo shyness)


German WWOOFer Carol


American Leslie


Glasgow Botanic Garden


Fish Swimming in Skylight


Vicious Orchids


Some Guy Chillin'


Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum


John Locke (I guess this was done before he got popular on Lost)


The King


Scottish Landscape


View from the bus on Route to Skye


More of the Same


Looking Northwest from Living Ark


Near Niest Point


Across from Talisker Distillery


Black Dot on Blue with a 50mm Lens


Sunset at Niest Point


Sunset at Living Ark


Living Ark


The Croft


Cloud and Mother


Lambu (certain he was the model for the demon in Doom)


Random Remaining Photos


Little Stair Set where I did Parkour Flips in Glasgow


One of these sees constant sunlight; the other rarely sees sunlight


Bit of Fixer Upper


Sheep on Skye are into Punk


Most Interesting Item I Saw at Talisker


For the Tantrum Kids


When you're done gaming, have a gaymer.

2 comments:

J-boy said...

Dude... Being on trains/buses is SOOO tiring... That's the main reason that we had to come home. So bored of the actual travel between destinations.

Isle of Skye sure looks beautiful. One of the places I'd like to get to in the next few years. Awesome.

Joku said...

In Homer's voice:

mmmmm....gaymers.... *drool*