Monday, June 16, 2008

Week Eleven: Lounging and Gardening

Well, my excuse for being late this week is that I was wooed by Johnny Depp. Instead of posting the blog last night, I watched Sweeney Todd. Considering it was a musical, it was pretty good. You really can't go wrong with JD, though.

As the title of this post suggests, the week has been quite enjoyable; a mixture of gardening, weeding, etc. and lounging with beers.

On Wednesday, I went along with Steve and Joe to a local auction where they pick up odds and ends for the co-op sometimes. It seems that UK auctions aren't that different than Canadian auctions, right down to the people you encounter while there. It is unfortunate that I didn't have the foresight to bring my camera because I suspect that they are very photogenic.

On Friday evening, Maurice, Lisa and I went to see Eve's final art project which was on show at her school, Hereford College of Arts. As is common at art shows, there was cheap wine available, which was an acceptable appetizer before the main course of pints a nearby pub. Maurice held back his consumption though because he had to drive. Lisa and I were eager to continue though, so we stopped at Tesco on the way back to Earthworm. Unfortunately for us Tesco does not sell alcohol to people who are already inebriated, so when we arrived at the counter with wine, they refused us. Just as well, I suppose; we don't need to be supporting them.


A few pictures from around the co-op


Some tasty nasturtiums


Maurice watering the gardens


The innocent sugar snap growing peacefully in the polytunnel...


is pounced on by its predator


Courgettes (or zucchinis depending on where you're from)


The nature lovers bathroom


My arch nemesis, nettles


Tracy and I shaded by grape vines in the green house


Wish I was staying just a couple weeks longer so I could enjoy these beauties


The play room


Movie room complete with gymnastic rings

- Kasza

PS. Next weeks blog will likely be late again because I will be traveling to Paris (pronounced pah-ree for you anglophones) on Sunday

1 comment:

Joku said...

Awesome!! You got Sasquatch on camera!!